Wednesday 29 July 2009

FA Cup

The 2nd FA Cup is currently on display at Leeds City Museum. I will at some point venture across to see it. I have wanted to see it for a long time and can't believe it is now so close to where I live.

Obviously the trophy has a special connection to Fred as he scored both goals that enabled Wednesday to be the first team to lift this particular trophy. I personally prefer it to the current shape, and apparently it is a very beautiful object when seen close up.

The exhibition is called 'Saved for the Nation' and is at Leeds until January. The museum itself was only opened a year ago and is meant to be worth a visit. I believe it won best museum award for the whole of the UK this year.

The FA Cup for me is the heart and soul of Football. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment