Wednesday 29 July 2009

Going Away

I'm off on holiday for a bit, so will not be able to update this blog for a short time. When I get back I'm going to be doing a couple of things.

Stopping off in London to get hold of those England and Scotland team photographs for the 1894 and 1898 matches. May stop off at the National Library too and read some more of John Goodall's book from 1898.

I am excited at the prospect of getting a copy of the England 1898 picture as this was regarded as the best ever England team to take to the field for a long time. Even in the 1920's it was considered the best team in the history of the game - according to the times newspaper. Although Fred thought that the 1892 side, which he did not play in, was slightly better.

I do have several live action shots of the 1898 match. Although most are very poor quality I have two excellent ones, unfortunately one is of Scotland scoring their only goal. I was very pleased with this, but had to spend many hours digitally resorting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment