Thursday 20 August 2009

Pensilvania

Was just doing my weekly google searches to see if anything new has hit the internet recently. A weekly ritual that usually brings up something new once or twice a year.

Today it did.

A new book has been digitised and put on line by an american university. It's a book about football in America in 1922. It's a pretty big book. At first I was reading a text version that made little sense, but when I was just about to give up I discovered you could actually look at the original scans. Noticing that phoographs were numbered and that the Google search had a number 2 infront of Fred's name I realised that all I had to do was look at the pictures. 2 minutes later and I'd found it.

A portrait of Fred, and not only that but the realisation that he was a major player in the Eastern Pensilvania Football Association. This is excellent news and fits in perfectly with all other research.

What makes me even more pleased is that the picture is one that I had discovered before but had never been able to copy due to the newspaper libraries rules and regualtions to that particular document. Obviously, this has been a frustration for me for the 3 years since I saw the photograph, and it was brilliant to be able to get it finally. Probably better than finding a brand new photograph, becasue at least it can not longer bug me!

No comments:

Post a Comment