Sunday 6 September 2009

steady progress

Well, progress is being made, but it's a little bit slower these last couple of weeks. Time has been spent in Gainsborough Library looking for rogue matches Fred may have played in.

We found an extra one for the Gainsbourgh Working Mens Institute and another for Gainsborough Wednesday. We also found a couple of Lincolnshire FA repreentative matches.

I don't think we will ever get a full list of every game he played in. I'm sure that some willhave not been reported anyway. But it's very difficult to find all the Lincolnshire FA matches. I have struggled to find the odd Shefield FA matches to. I think I'm 2 Glasgow matches missing, and of course he may well not have played in those games anyway.

I think the biggest challenge would be all the united counties league matches and club matches (friendlies) that were played at the time by The Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment